Google

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

< /middlebury >

I'm coming home tomorrow.

Everything here is done. I still need to pack. The final exam was silly. We watched Lebowski last night instead of studying. It turned out to be the right choice. I don't remember when watching The Big Lebowski was not the right choice.

And so...

After a full year in Middlebury, I'm pretty excited to be getting the hell out of here. We have a bunch of ceremonies and parading tonight, apparently. The Russian school had a relatively bright moment Monday night - most of our class and our two professors went to mister ups to celebrate the imminent end of summer school. We were seated with another Russian class out on the patio. I guess it got a little noisy, but the two tables of people that left looked like they were pretty much already finished. Stuart (one of my teachers) got on a chair and recited a few of his poems. The Russian professor at the other table did a 10 minute passage of Pushkin in response. Some of the singing that ensued was ill advised, but that shouldn't have come as a tremendous surprise... будь со мной? нет. спасибо, нет. БОЛЬШЕ НЕ МОГУ. ради бога, вас никогда снова не будьте со мной. а если я когда-либо слышу эту fucking песню (или тех, кто ее поет) опять, будет слишком скоро. On a lighter note, here is Stuart reciting one of his poems at the bah.

stuart goldberg

In other good news, Alec, the Canadian, (coincidentally featured in the same picture, foreground.) found me a few new Bush games to add to my roll near the bottom of the right column. A little less involved than the original Bush game, but what are you going to do? Nothing. You're not going to do anything. I'm coming home tomorrow.